2018 Economic Survey To Be Tabled In Parliament
The Budget session will be commenced on Monday, which is the recent talk of the nation. The entire country is looking forward to the Economic Survey that is to be released by the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. This will act as a precursor to the main budget of 2018–2019, which is to be announced on Thursday. Arvind Subramanian, the Chief Economic Adviser of the Finance Ministry, initiated a web page, where he had shared all the details of the Survey. He also shared that he will be addressing a press conference at half past 1 in the afternoon which will also be shared in the You Tube simultaneously.
Economic Survey is the flagship document of the Finance Ministry that is released annually in order to review the economic development of the country for the past 12 months. Along with it, it also summarizes the performance of the prime development programs apart from highlighting the policy initiatives of the government.
The top 5 facts about the 2018–2019 Economic Survey are as follows:
- Subramanian announced that the Economic Survey of India for the current year will be tabled in the Parliament by Arun Jaitley, Finance Minister.
- The first advance estimates of the Central Statistics Office or CSO was released earlier this month. It projected that India is expected to see a growth of 6.5% in the fiscal year of 2017–2018. This is lower than the previous year, which was 7.1%.
- The Economic Survey will be released nearly 15 months after the implementation of the demonetization. Hence, it is expected that an analytical review of the benefits and costs will also be released.
- Subramanian will be releasing the highlights of the survey at the National Media Center.
- Two years ago, this survey had introduced a new acronym JAM, which is Jan, Dhan, Aadhaar, and Mobile.